Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dead things in the post


This work is going to Gallery Connexion, in Fredericton New Brunswick, for a mail art fundraiser to help them acquire a new gallery space. The challenge was for artists to create works of arts on postcards, envelopes, or parcels that will go up for auction on February 14th, at a local cafe in the city.


I returned to old work for inspiration upon finding a small unfinished canvas in my studio with a relief of a bird fossil which I took apart and attached to the tube.


And becuase it feels really stupid to send a completely empty tube, I'm enclosing some offerings - insence, dried ferns and bones.


Artifying an actual shipping tube was a lot more interesting than those little pre-fabricated watercolour postcards you can buy at the art shop!

If you want to participate, check out the Gallery Connexion website for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Yo yo, it's Owlex. I'm totally going to be watching your blog because I feel deprived of you in my life. This looks totally awesome by the way, I have such a fascination with animal skeletons and anatomy so your art fills me with delight.

    ReplyDelete