Sunday, January 25, 2009

My intentions were to update this a bit more often...

however, you should probably know I'm a creature of the night and all the photos taken after dark are lousy. I mean, rather, pretend this is intentional and its going to be part of my personal blogging *style*

Over the past month I have been spending more time away from the studio than in it. I've been doing a lot of research, organizing, and planning for the next few months - looking into new showing opportunities, galleries, grants, updating my portfolios, re-organizing the business end of things - everything.

This week I'm back to it. My obligations outside this place are minimal, so hopefully I'll make some headway on the paintings I have kicking around.

So far so good. Today and yesterday I've been working on 5 works (+2 not in this shot) inspired by the Carina nebula. They're incredibly contrasted but highly subtle paintings, and I'm kicking myself for not having the will-power to wake up earlier and make more use of the sunlight, both for blogging and practical painting purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment